This section is for providing help/tech support for Wikkii users in the form of:
- categorizing the increasing number of wikkii sites, like a portal with intro pages (or intro sections on a main portal) to wiki sites with a significant community/page size, e.g. gaming wikis, hobby wikis, source code/programming wikis, etc
- tutorials, user manuals, guides etc.
- quick links to other Wikipedia / Mediawiki forums for advanced / expert users
- samples templates, and examples of how other wikis have implemented it
This general help section is still work in progress, but in the meantime, some helpful links here to get would-be editors started:
For Beginner Users
For Advanced Users
- AWB can be configured and used on the fly, the related account can be given a bot status in the user rights page on the spot by site administrators, and once wiki URL is configured in AWB, AWB can be used instantly. URL address should follow this format: inside AWB, under 'Preferences', 'Site' tab, select 'custom' and type YOURWIKINAME.wikkii.com/w/ at 'http://'.
- To see AutoWikiBrowser Usage Stats ~ http://toolserver.org/~awb/stats/
For Expert Users
Generally, this refers to users who use the 'wikkii.net' domain names, whereby they have to set up their own Mediawiki installations. See http://wikkii.com/wiki/Advanced_Hosting for details.
- Expert Mediawiki administrators (those who have set up own MW installations or have access to MW configuration) can seek assistance from the Mediwiki forum at http://www.mwusers.com/forums/forum.php
- Expert users are also requested to offer their kind assistance to help in answering queries or put up tutorials in this wiki, see right column for details on how to become admin for hub.wikkii.com
- FAQ on Advanced Hosting Service ~ http://wikkii.com/forums/index.php?topic=228.0
- (Farmer wikis fully upgraded to MW1.16.x and Vector skin is now available)
Today is 25 May, 2013
Seasoned wikkii editors are kindly requested to contribute to this hub by:
monitoring and answering forum queries, if any forum up at http://wikkii.com/forums/
- upload standard templates for specific genres such as gaming wikis,
- add links or articles to help explain details specific only to wikkii sites, e.g. , etc
- any other items
set up forum for posting queries, (pending Wikkii's repsonse on whether DPLforum will be activated) forum up at http://wikkii.com/forums/
- 2. upload standard templates, to review possibility of having templates on this hub linked up as interwiki links, and also whether they can be transcluded into other wikkii sub-domains
- 3. basic quick guides for new Wikkii users, or portal with links to wikipedia's or mediawiki's tutorials
- 4. to setup page(s) explaining CSS for wikkii's monobook, and how to change the style/layout - Common CSS parameters
- 5. ditto for JS scripts, currently used to replace favicon since XX.ico file upload currently not permitted by wikkii - Common JS scripts
- 6. tutorial page for creating / after creating a new wiki,
set up Wish List page for extensions/tags etc, to see if enough users vote for it to be enabled by Wikkii request at the forums http://wikkii.com/forums/
If you are a seasoned wikkii editor, please contact ~~Gin-san (Talk) to make you an admin of this hub, kindly give the following info: your name, link to your wiki and account where you are administrator of, highlight what are your specialty(s) (e.g good at CSS coding, making templates with wikitext, or eloquent English to make good help-tutorials for new users, etc).